Family Rosh Hashanah Seder Picnic
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a family-friendly Rosh Hashanah Seder Picnic that’s open to ALL CBH members. Kate Hennessey, CBH Education Director, will lead a fun service that focuses on the symbolism and bracha (blessing) for each of the traditional Rosh Hashanah seder foods. Participants will then be encouraged to enjoy a home-brought picnic lunch together. Please see the list of what to bring for the seder, below. [Note: In case of rain, we will hold the Rosh Hashanah seder over Zoom.] FREE TO ATTEND, BUT YOU **MUST** RSVP SO WE HAVE AN ACCURATE HEADCOUNT.
What to Bring:
- Something to sit on (picnic blanket or beach chairs)
- Lunch for your family (including water bottles!)
- Pomegranate - actual pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice, chocolate pomegranate pieces, etc
- Head - head of lettuce (or just a salad) or Swedish fish candy
- Gourd - pumpkin bread, roasted squash, pumpkin seeds, etc
- Black-eyed peas (can be made into a dip - recipe here)
- Leeks or green onions
- Carrots - baby carrots, dried carrot chips, carrot cake muffins, etc
- Please note that we will not be providing plates, utensils, napkins, or cups - so plan accordingly!